Thursday, May 26, 2011

Always a bittersweet ride

I wasn't sure what emotions I would be feeling as I sat in the airport waiting to depart, but I was sure it wouldn't be fear. Needless to say I was unpleasantly surprised to find myself nervous to the point of nausea in the car on the way to the airport. That's when this entire journey became real. I realized that this isn't a dream anymore, it's actually happening. 

With this realization came the bittersweet emotion I seem to experience every time I leave home. The struggle between longing for a few more days of mindless relaxation on beautiful white sand beaches and the reality of getting on with the next chapter of my life, no matter where it may take me. 

And so, the reality of New York City is upon me. Despite the nerves and tinge of fear, I'm ecstatic that this day has finally arrived. 

Might I also mention my wardrobe is definitely 5th Avenue prepared! 

More to Come,
Jamie 

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! Drink a cosmo for me while looking fabulous :) LIOB, Whitney

    ReplyDelete